Wearing contact lenses for the first time can be both exciting and daunting. It’s perfectly normal to be apprehensive about wearing contacts for the first time.
The most important thing is to remember that contacts are a medical device and should only be fitted by an Eyecare Professional.
If you follow these simple instructions, you should have easier time with your contact lens routine.
- Always wash your hands and dry with a lint-free towel before putting in or removing your contacts
- Put on your contacts before your eye makeup
- Always change your solution for fresh solution every night
- Change your lens case every month
- Never use tap water to clean or re wet your lenses!
- Start with the Right Eye
- Never put in contacts if your eye is red or irritated
While teaching patients how to put in contacts, we notice some people became easily discouraged thinking it should be easier or faster for them to learn. Keep in mind that many people who put in their contacts without a mirror have been doing so for years! It takes practice and patience.
Watch this video below for more tips and tricks.