You can keep wearing contact lenses during Covid-19, but be sure to follow these safety tips.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry your hands completely before handling your contact lenses.
- Daily disposable contact lenses are ideal to minimize the risk for eye infections
- Never sleep with your contact lenses in your eyes
- Never use tap water to rinse your contact lenses
- If you are feeling unwell, stop wearing your contacts until you feel better. As soon as you recover, put in a fresh pair.
Can glasses protect me?
Dr Angela Issa, optometrist